OnlyMums & OnlyDads are a registered Community Interest Company that supports single parents and those going through divorce and separation. Although we have a great deal of experience helping parents through difficult times, we are primarily a “signposting” service to agencies and others who can help. We have an established Panel of Experts that deals with the majority of our email enquiries on a full range of housing, legal and finance related questions.
We are not involved in any political campaigning, neither are we a research organisation. We receive no public or government financial support. We do believe children benefit if Mums and Dads are able to obtain support and advice (during and after) divorce and separation. We fund our not-for-profit organisation through advertising opportunities on our websites.
You can read more about our work here
Every month we find more and more people are using our websites or contacting us directly for support. Increasing financial pressure on existing charities like CAB and Shelter will undoubtedly lead to an increasing workload for on-line and responsive organisations like ours. We have a number of projects and other initiatives that could better support our client group, but that aren’t being done due to lack of financial resource.
What skills are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint a person with experience in raising sponsorship, advertising and other revenue, as well as to assist us with financial planning and drawing up of regular business plans. In particular:
- exploring commercial partnerships;
- exploring advertising opportunities on our website;
- securing corporate sponsors;
- bringing fresh thinking to how we can maximise our income; and
- writing yearly business plans with revisions as necessary.
- Our Advisory Board will meet in Central London twice a year and you will need to attend.
- Occasional telephone support between meetings.
- Ad hoc email exchanges may be sought between meetings as required.
- This is a voluntary position but reasonable expenses will be paid.
If you feel you would be interested in joining our Advisory Board we require a brief email sent to email@example.com expressing interest so we can then arrange a suitable time for a further conversation and meeting.
Bob and Rebecca