OnlyMums & OnlyDads are a registered Community Interest Company that supports single parents and those going through divorce and separation. Although we have a great deal of experience helping parents through difficult times, we are primarily a “signposting” service to agencies and others who can help. We have an established Panel of Experts that deals with the majority of our email enquiries on a full range of housing, legal and finance related questions.
We are not involved in any political campaigning, neither are we a research organisation. We receive no public or government financial support. We fund our not for profit organisation through advertising opportunities on our websites.
You can read more about our work here
Every month we find more and more people are using our websites or contacting us directly for support. Increasing financial pressure on existing charities like CAB and Shelter will undoubtedly lead to an increasing workload for on-line and responsive organisations like ours. We know that the existing economic climate is difficult for the majority of single parents – with little light on the horizon. These are challenging times.
What skills are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint a young single parent to work with our Advisory Board to:
- bring fresh thinking to how we best support young single mums and dads;
- bring suggestions for improving our websites; and
- secure appropriate and relevant link exchanges with other key organisations and blogs/twitter contacts.
- Our Advisory Board meets in Central London twice a year and you will need to attend.
- Occasional telephone support.
- Ad hoc email exchanges may be sought between meetings as required.
- This is a voluntary position but reasonable expenses will be paid.
If this position is of interest to you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can then arrange a time to talk further.